The Paris Diaries 2013 - All About The Eiffel Tower






Yes I'm obsessed with the Eiffel tower. This iconic monument always makes my heart beat a little faster as soon as I see it appear in between the buildings and stretching high above the parisian streets.
When in Paris, I always have to walk about in the areas around the tower, here you can find some of the most beautiful apartment buildings and hidden little parcs. But I always tend to stay at a safe distance from the main entrance of the Eiffel Tower where all the tourists flock. I prefer to photograph it from a distance, as it stands tall and proud. And I especially like to sit in the gardens right below Trocadéro and take pictures of the tower in between all the trees.
This day we also took a quick taxi ride over to the Marais district, where I had never been before. This must be one of the most charming areas, with so many little streets to explore and cute shops and restaurants that offer you a great authentic french lunch. I also love to collect vintage photos and postcards from Paris, so I was very happy to find several classic black&white images of Paris and also a book with beautiful photos taken in Paris from the 1920's up to the 50's, by some of my favorite photographers; Cartier-Bresson, Doisneau and Horvat. My definition of a good day!














Christina Nelson