Obscurity











I originally had an outdoor shoot planned last weekend with model Miriam Tullien. I've worked with her earlier and was looking forward to try out some new ideas I had come up with. Had made a moodboard, collected photos for inspiration,drawn sketches and all, but then came the rain and it just kept on pouring down all day. So we had to come up with a plan B - and decided to take some photos in a basement instead. Since I'm into darker tones and very grainy photos lately, this seemed like a nice compensation. Still I was a bit concerned with the lighting, it was very dark there and a lightbulb hanging from the ceiling isn't always the most flattering. Luckily Miriam knows her stuff and is great working with. And going through the photos later that night, I rather liked the hazy effects and indefinite atmosphere we created.